Now you’re probably not going to fool anyone into thinking these are actual chicken wings, but they still have that spicy, tangy goodness we all know and love, are super fulfilling and are a lot healthier than the real deal. They’re crispy on the outside, chewy and tender on the inside, and are just plain delicious. So if you’re craving a guilt-free version of a classic, or if you’re like me and opt not to eat meat then try these. Your taste buds will thank you.
Cauliflower HotPrint This
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup chick pea flour (I prefer chick pea for this, but any flour you like is fine)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup of your favorite hot wing sauce (I use Louisiana Original Wing Sauce)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
2. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Separate the cauliflower into florets.
4. Combine the flour, water and spices in a bowl and stir until a thick batter is formed.
5. Pour the cauliflower pieces into the bowl and toss until well coated with the batter. Place on the baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until crispy, turning halfway through.
6. While the cauliflower is in the oven, prepare the wing sauce by mixing the hot sauce and melted butter together in a large bowl.
7. Toss cooked cauliflower pieces with sauce and put it back in the oven for another 5-7 minutes or until just browned. Enjoy!